[aklug] Re: Data recovery

From: Damien Hull <dhull@section9.us>
Date: Fri Mar 07 2014 - 15:05:56 AKST

I might as well carve it out by hand. In this case I think Iıll just call
the data gone. A good backup beats data carving by a mile any way. Assuming
you have one.

--
Damien Hull
Network Engineer
From:  Shane Spencer <shane@bogomip.com>
Date:  Fri, 7 Mar 2014 14:50:01 -0900
To:  admin <dhull@section9.us>
Cc:  Josh Rhoades <kaiden11@gmail.com>, "Jenkinson, John"
<John.Jenkinson@alyeska-pipeline.com>, "aklug@aklug.org" <aklug@aklug.org>
Subject:  Re: [aklug] Re: Data recovery
If you have access to a drive and can discover the block size of the
filesystem you should be able to write a script that matches the start
information of a block to magic headers and then reads things that can then
later be verified.  Things like the song length.  If you really needed to
get it recovered like that it's possible.