[aklug] Re: Open maker night at Anchorage Makerspace

From: Dale Rooney <dale.rooney@gmail.com>
Date: Tue Feb 18 2014 - 17:06:55 AKST

Hi Tim, the terms hacker space and Makerspace are pretty much the same
thing. We chose Makerspace to avoid any negative connotation.

Sorry for the late notice but we actually only intended to post it on our
Meetup site. I know several of the AKLUG members and was emailing them for
other reasons so I took it upon myself to invite AKLUG.

There are some people in the valley interested in starting a Makerspace.
Also, last year the Twindly Bridge school was doing an open shop night once
a month. It wasn't a full shop though it does have a 3d printer.

Dale