[aklug] Re: Why Watching DVDs on Linux is Illegal in the USA

From: Jeremy Austin <jhaustin@gmail.com>
Date: Tue Oct 22 2013 - 20:48:05 AKDT

On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 8:31 PM, Christopher Howard <
christopher.howard@frigidcode.com> wrote:

> I don't want to recommend libdvdcss because I am a Christian, and we are
> supposed to obey the law, at least, as far as we can do so without
> violating our consciences.

What if one's conscience says that the law is wrong? This is an interesting
angle.

We've covered politics on aklug, so I guess it was time for religion. The
book of Romans is pro-gubmint, but Acts says God before Man.

WWJD: What Would Jesus DeCSS?

jermudgeon