[aklug] Re: Why Watching DVDs on Linux is Illegal in the USA

From: Jim Gribbin <jimgribbin@gmail.com>
Date: Wed Oct 23 2013 - 15:50:12 AKDT

Seems to me that a ruling like this:

"The Times writes that in declaring the state’s regulation
unconstitutional, 5th Circuit Judge Patrick Higginbotham wrote, “Mere
economic protection of a particular industry" is not a "legitimate
governmental purpose.”"

effectively declares all this MPAA stuff unconstitutional.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/10/20/louisiana-monks-win-right-to-craft-caskets-after-fight-with-funeral-directors/

Jim G