[aklug] Re: IndieInfoTech Meetup

From: Tim Johnson <tim@akwebsoft.com>
Date: Sat Nov 24 2012 - 15:22:06 AKST

* Shane Spencer <shane@bogomip.com> [121124 12:43]:
> We will be doing some technical presentations this coming Wednesday.
> Please use meetup.com if you plan on coming.
>
> http://www.meetup.com/IndieInfoTech/
>
> IndieInfoTech is a project I am organizing to promote self-tech in
> Alaska. This involves innovator presentations (how I solved problem
> x), new technology presentations, local start up presenters, and so on
> and so forth until everybody is happy and stuff.
>
> If you have innovative ideas and you'd like to express yourself.. go
> for it.. just join the meetup and give a shout. If you know somebody
> that should be center staged and forced to speak in public about how
> awesome they are.. give us your recommendations and I will dispatch a
> public speaking ninja to assist them!
  Shane and I have been in touch a bit about this.
  1)I live in the valley (Palmer) - I think that there is at least
  one other on this list from the Valley, maybe more.

  2)Thursday night is pretty much out for me.

  3)Probably 'til the end of the years, the less I have to drive,
  the better (recouping from miniscus repair). Wednesday works.

  4)Shane said something to me earlier about an alternate meeting
  place as in Eagle River. That might attract more valley people.
  - In fact, I can think of others in the valley who aren't on this
        list that may show up to that one.

        MTCW

--
Tim