[aklug] Re: Drupal :: the real linux test

From: Marc Grober <marc@interak.com>
Date: Fri Oct 12 2012 - 08:56:38 AKDT

On 10/12/12 8:29 AM, Tim Johnson wrote:
 * * *
> The RFC will be OK with this. Is drupal OK with this? IOWS - does
> drupal make it easy to use scripts written in languages other than
> PHP?
>
> If it doesn't, drupal is no F*C*I*G linux, and LJ is going to owe me
> for the $8 I invested in the Ipswich manuals.
>
> BTW: I posed this question to the forum and got no answer. Screw
> 'em.
>
> OK, you drupalers, let me know what you think. I wear the same type
> of flame-proof knickers as does Arthur.

Drupal largely provides templates and a gui for the db's manipulation
and it presents a display that is assembled on request based on the
templates and db routines. In a very real sense that is historic unix
behavior and I built perl based web apps in much the same manner almost
20 years ago. Perhaps the reason you did not get an answer is because
the purpose of using drupal is to take advantage of the tools that
Drupal is.