[aklug] Just thought I would give a check in Gents..

From: Nathan Templeton <pb280c@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun Feb 05 2012 - 21:59:26 AKST

Well the move is over, and life in California is well=85. Interesting. =
Has me missing Alaska a bit more than I thought!=20

 Thought I would give a hello to the group, I have trolled the list =
since I left. Most of my linux experience now is focused on a =
bastardized version of BSD, finally went totally mac in the home office =
space. Could not pass up the deal on the Core i5 mini and a quad core G5 =
PPC that came along a month or so after it. I guess there are good =
points to being in California in that respect.=20

 Delving through the way Apple made the OS " there's " has been an =
interesting time, while I do not see the lines of logic in it all, it =
does work pretty well.=20

 It is that time of year to update certifications. So I would segway =
this to Aruthur, Fellder and many of the trusted old guard as to which =
direction would be most beneficial for gainful employment in the private =
sector. Our families time in the military seems to coming to and end =
sooner that we had planned, so it puts me into a bit of a crunch time =
to be viable competitive.=20

 I currently have the fluff's up to date: A+, Net+, Sec+, Linux+, CCNA ( =
don't want that one the resume though, I hate HATE subnet masking=85.). =
I wonder if there are any I have not thought about, or given the correct =
focus. My goal is to continue within the IT field; narrowing my focus to =
project management. To that effect, as much as I hate to admit I would =
see some share point, sql, etc needed to further my focus.

 Sorry for the bomb to the list, only looking for ideas/insight/and =
criticism where warranted.

~Nathan
=