[aklug] Re: Just thought I would give a check in Gents..

From: barsalou <barjunk@attglobal.net>
Date: Mon Feb 06 2012 - 09:18:20 AKST

Quoting Nathan Templeton <pb280c@hotmail.com>:

> I currently have the fluff's up to date: A+, Net+, Sec+, Linux+, CCNA ( =
> don't want that one the resume though, I hate HATE subnet masking=85.). =
> I wonder if there are any I have not thought about, or given the correct =
> focus. My goal is to continue within the IT field; narrowing my focus to =
> project management. To that effect, as much as I hate to admit I would =
> see some share point, sql, etc needed to further my focus.

Nathan!

Great to hear from you.

If you truly are considering going the project management route and
not wanting to be a Network or Systems Administrator, my suggestion is
to get hooked up with your local PMI chapter.

There are likely a couple that you can choose from.

Start here: http://www.pmi.org

If you have any questions about this, just reach out.

Mike B.