[aklug] Re: Mac + linux

From: Joshua J. Kugler <joshua@eeinternet.com>
Date: Thu Sep 29 2011 - 14:31:34 AKDT

On Thursday, September 29, 2011, Jeremy Austin elucidated thus:
> And if you're really keerazy about it, you can boot into linux and
> run Mac OS X under virtualization. Let us know how it goes if you
> do. :)

Can you expound on how that is possible? I was under the impression
that you could only virtualize OS X on top of OS X using Apple's
software. It would seem that the VM would not present an "Apple
machine" to the OS, thus the OS would not run (Apple's restrictions,
plus driver issues).

Can you point me to some docs on how it could be done?

Joshua Kugler
Part-Time System Admin/Programmer
http://www.eeinternet.com - Fairbanks, AK
PGP Key: http://pgp.mit.edu/  ID 0x73B13B6A