[aklug] Re: Hamsphere etc.

From: Joshua J. Kugler <joshua@eeinternet.com>
Date: Thu Sep 29 2011 - 14:36:34 AKDT

On Wednesday, September 28, 2011, Steven Johnson elucidated thus:
> Another approach might be to find a living situation within hand
> held amateur radio range of good amateur radio repeaters, which
> could extend reach far beyond nominal hand held range..

I seem to remember an article in the ARRL magazine a few months back
about a retirement home that allowed a resident to wire up their flag
pole to be a Ham antenna. The resident got his radio, and the retirement
home didn't have an "unsightly" antenna on their property. Can't seem
to find it at the moment.

Joshua Kugler
Part-Time System Admin/Programmer
http://www.eeinternet.com - Fairbanks, AK