[aklug] Re: Mac + linux

From: David M. Syzdek <david@syzdek.net>
Date: Thu Sep 29 2011 - 08:54:31 AKDT

Hi Tim,
I have two dual booting Macbook Pros. I find that I rarely boot into Linux
since nearly all of the utilities/daemons I need are available from MacPorts
(http://www.macports.org/). The remaining utilities I am able to compile
myself.

When I do use a Linux distro, I usually use VirtualBox since it allows me to
switch between Linux distros, Windows versions, and BSDs without rebooting.
 It is even possible to have VirtualBox boot a second partition on your
mac's hard drive (so that the partition can be booted as both a host OS from
a cold boot or as a guest OS from VirtualBox).

Let me know if you have any questions.

--David M. Syzdek