[aklug] Mac + linux

From: Tim Johnson <tim@akwebsoft.com>
Date: Thu Sep 29 2011 - 07:33:38 AKDT

I just got a mac mini. Latest (2011). 8 Gb RAM is on it way.
I have not yet fired it up, but I intend to partition it for a
dual-boot linux install. What research I have done indicates that
the mac terminal provides a *nix-like experience and I should expect
the apps that I can't live without - mc, vim, mutt and gvim
(gui-based) as well as various interpreter binaries will work the
same way.

Has anyone else done a dual-boot on a mac with linux
whose experiences can be shared?

Can anyone share their 'mac terminal' experiences?

thanks

--
Tim
http://www.akwebsoft.com