[aklug] Re: Javascript book with problems

From: Christopher Howard <christopher.howard@frigidcode.com>
Date: Thu Aug 11 2011 - 19:27:58 AKDT

On 08/11/2011 03:07 PM, James wrote:
> What background are you coming from? Are you trying to learn to program, or
> just learning to code in JavaScript?

The latter. Personally, I think I'd be happy to code solely in Haskell
the rest of my life (at least, until learning Agda) except for the
damning reality that Javascript is the most ubiquitous cross-platform
scripting language on the planet (quite an amazing achievement, I must
admit) with a market that covers literally the entire Internet. So I'd
like to learn the language and see what imaginative things I can do with it.

--
frigidcode.com
theologia.indicium.us