[aklug] Re: Javascript book with problems

From: Tim Johnson <tim@akwebsoft.com>
Date: Thu Aug 11 2011 - 19:07:22 AKDT

* Jason McEachen <jason@brightshinyobject.com> [110811 09:48]:
> I learned with the w3schools documentations and other tutorials I found
> as necessary.

 W3 is extremely clear to me. And I've found the firefox
 webdeveloper tools easier to get onboard with than chrome, but I
 prefer chrome's object inspection features to what I have found
 with firefox.

> For the few cross-platform problems that I couldn't find
> solutions to, I had a copy of the "javascript bible" which was
> wonderful, but only used it as a reference so I don't know how it's
> learning style was.
>
> As someone who "learned assembly to make my c code better"
  As did I. :) Then I learned C to make my python/rebol/newlisp
  better.

> I think you'd learn a lot by going the raw javascript route before
> learning any of the jQuery/prototype/mootools libraries.
  I do not use any of these myself. I've either rolled my own or
  used some small - easy to follow - libs that I could learn from
  and/or hack.

--
Tim
tim at johnsons-web dot com or akwebsoft dot com