[aklug] Re: clearwire in anchorage

From: Peter Michael <michael_peter_ra@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon Jun 07 2010 - 11:49:13 AKDT

Go with ACS wireless connection then, its a bit more expensive but much more reliable.
All Clearwire Reps are in out of state locations, they have no local rep save the characters at the mall and Best Buy who hawk the service.

I had Clearwire and 4 cellphone towers one East one West and two to the North, all within a mile of my home and the reception from Clearwire was so bad I ended up getting a GCI cable connection and just paying out my Clearwire contract till it ended. They were atrocious, would perform unannounced repairs on weekends and take the system down without warning and I was harassed by their telemarketers who got my mail address from them. They were recently involved in bait and switch tactics to sell services as well so beware...

I would not recommend Clearwire to anybody ever.