[aklug] Re: clearwire in anchorage

From: Christopher Kunzler <ckunzler@gmail.com>
Date: Mon Jun 07 2010 - 13:37:04 AKDT

On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 11:49 AM, Peter Michael
<michael_peter_ra@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Go with ACS wireless connection then, its a bit more expensive but much m=
ore reliable.
> All Clearwire Reps are in out of state locations, they have no local rep =
save the characters at the mall and Best Buy who hawk the service.

> I had Clearwire and 4 cellphone towers one East one West and two to the N=
orth, all within a mile of my home and the reception from Clearwire was so =
bad I ended up getting a GCI cable connection and just paying out my Clearw=
ire contract till it ended. They were atrocious, would perform unannounced =
repairs on weekends and take the system down without warning and I was hara=
ssed by their telemarketers who got my mail address from them. They were re=
cently involved in bait and switch tactics to sell services as well so bewa=
re...

> I would not recommend Clearwire to anybody ever.

I'm using clearwire and it is awful. Isn't it owned by Comcast?

--=20
Chris Kunzler
ckunzler@gmail.com
(262) 586-9537