[aklug] Re: dkms

From: Lee <lee@afabco.org>
Date: Sun Sep 20 2009 - 19:41:10 AKDT

I noticed that I was using dkms purely by happenstance in ubuntu and mint (and maybe
centos, those machines are at work so I can't look at them to see). It seems to work ok
most of the time. It occasionally barfs on nvidia and radeonhd (I think that's the
radeon module), in which case you have to do the manual install and configure thing.
But it mostly seems to work.

I must confess with some embarrassment that since I am now the joint property of my
mortgage and my job, I haven't taken the time to keep up with kernel and hardware as
closely as I used to, mostly " 'is everything working?' Yes -> move on No -> is it
important? No. " is as deep as I go.

Cheers