[aklug] Re: dkms

From: Jim Gribbin <jimgribbin@gmail.com>
Date: Mon Sep 21 2009 - 20:20:51 AKDT

After Greg posted that the other day, I noticed RedHat and Fedora have
had that available for some time.

It isn't installed by default as it only gets used when compiling
modules and not everyone compiles modules, so not everyone needs it. It
seems to have been available for Fedora since Core 4 (a couple of years)
and RHEL since 3 (?).

I was under the impression it's been available for Ubuntu for a while as
well.