[aklug] Re: web hosting

From: Jim Gribbin <jimgribbin@gmail.com>
Date: Tue Aug 11 2009 - 13:35:35 AKDT

If you google their industry, there is a good chance you will find
someone that specializes in setting up and hosting websites for
what-ever-it-is this non-profit does.

I am going to guess that it will cost in the neighborhood of $40 - $60 a
month. If its done well though, it will probably generate at least that
in additional revenue.

They will probably offer 2 to 10 FREE email address of a puny 5 - 10 MB
ea. Don't use them. These outfits really don't like hosting email
anyway. You can set up the domain's mail at google for free and get, the
last I looked at the numbers, over 100 mailboxes @ 2.7 GB ea. for free.
This will give your non-profit a much more professional look for cheap.

The company that set up my real estate website was only to happy to
point the MX records to google. It lets them off the hook for something
they really didn't want to do anyway and I can pretty much have all the
FREE email boxes I can use.

Anybody want an @jimgribbin.com email address w/ POP &/or IMAP? I have
over 90 available that aren't being used :)