[aklug] Re: Ubuntu 9.04 grub issues

From: Damien Hull <damien@linuxninjas.tv>
Date: Sun Apr 19 2009 - 20:56:32 AKDT

I don't know about any GRUB "voodoo". Is that where you dance around your box and chant... I'm sure we've all done that for xfree86 configs...

The real problem here is that Ubuntu doesn't ask if you want to install GRUB. Doesn't even ask you where to install it. I think the developers are assuming there's only one OS. Either that or the question is too much for most people to figure out on their own. In any case, you do have to do some "voodoo"...

QUESTION
1. Which menu.list does he edit? (2 ubuntu partitions, assuming 2 menu.lists's)
2. What's the command for installing grub on the second ubuntu partition?

I only mess with grub when I have to. Most of the time it just works :)