[aklug] Question regarding paritioning and drive space

From: Christopher Howard <choward@indicium.us>
Date: Sun Apr 05 2009 - 18:59:59 AKDT

A few weeks ago I was installing Debian i386 with the net-install disk
(with an Etch disk, I think...) and I attempted to divide up all the drive
space between four partitions (including one for swap). However, the
partitioning failed, and kept failing on repeated attempts.

However, then I re-did the partitioning so that there were four or five GB
of free-space at the end of the drive, and everything went smoothly from
that point on.

I was planning to write a Debian tutorial for one of my classes. I was
curious if I needed to tell the end users to leave some free space at the
end of the drive, and if so, how much they would need to leave.

--
Christopher Howard
http://indicium.us