[aklug] Re: samba authentications

From: Lee <lee@afabco.org>
Date: Wed Mar 11 2009 - 13:39:50 AKDT

there is no mention of it on their home page (www.samba.org)

Latest mention of it that I found was from http://news.samba.org/releases/ on

> Samba 4.0.0alpha4 Available for Download

Note the 'alpha'.

From the same:

> Samba 4 is currently not yet in a state where it is usable
> in production environments.

http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba4/HOWTO last mod date is 14 January 2009, so
somebody's doing something with it, but once again I come back to 'alpha' and the
production environments quote. If it was just me, these would be no big. But then
again if it was just me, there wouldn't be this need in the first place 8).

Alas.