[aklug] Re: Anybody got any extra DDR1 PC3200 Memory?

From: Michael Figley <michaelfigley@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue Jan 06 2009 - 13:23:38 AKST

--- On Mon, 1/5/09, Lee Brumbaugh <prellchild@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hey all I didn't realize how old my computer was getting
> but I was looking to upgrade my memory and I need some DDR
> PC3200. I went to Best Buy as I had a gift card, but the
> only ones they had were 115$. I tried getting DDR2, but
> it's apparently doesn't work as it didn't even
> fit. It's also a AGP video slot if that says how old it
> is.. not sure when PCI-E really went main stream but I was
> looking at their video cards as well and the only ones that
> were AGP looked pretty ghetto.
>
> That being said now that everybody knows my plight along
> with my pain :) Does anybody have any 1G DDR PC3200 sticks
> they don't need/want anymore?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Lee

Don't have any 1G sticks to spare.

I have just been researching the DDR scene and came up with a few options:

---------
I took a chance on these... will see how they work when they get here.
$14.20 / 1GB Free Shipping!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110333101327
(they are applicable to certains chipsets which i have- K8T800)

----------

$21.49 / 1GB + S/H Kingston
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820134008

----------

If you desire ECC:
$31.99 / 1GB + S/H 1GB
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820144162

----------

$38.99 / *2GB* non-ECC 2 X 1GB (for 10+ quantity)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820141465
Quantity Pricing
Units Price
1 $44.99
2+ $40.99
4+ $39.99
10+ $38.99

If some folks would like to place a group newegg order,
& split shipping, let me know.. i could use 6-8GB

Otherwise, what the heck am i gonna do with all these perfectly fine DDR mobos!

Cheers!
mike f