[aklug] Install Fest - last minute info

From: Damien Hull <damien@linuxninjas.tv>
Date: Fri Dec 12 2008 - 07:01:48 AKST

Are there any last minute items that need to be covered before Saturday? I thought I would ask before it's too late. I have a short list.

1. I'm bringing the Linux Journal box tonight so we can see what's in it
2. I saw something on the list about a 12PM setup time - I don't think that's enough time if we open at 1:PM
3. Can you make your Linux distribution sing and dance?

Number 3 is very important. It's also the reason I don't like calling this event an "install fest". A monkey can figure out how to install Linux. Can you make it do something once it's installed?

I'm working on a check list for my distribution of choice:

1. Multimedia codecs - mp3 and dvd support
2. Java and Flash plugins for firefox
3. Photo editing tips
4. Music tips - Will buy a few songs from the Amazon music store today
5. Tips and Tricks

It would be nice if someone could show off OpenOffice. I use it to open word documents but that's about it. I'm sure I'll think of something else after I've had my morning Mocha. Caffeine does wonders for the brain.

--
Damien Hull
Ubuntu User