[aklug] Re: InstallFest

From: barsalou <barjunk@attglobal.net>
Date: Fri Oct 31 2008 - 11:15:55 AKDT

Quoting Jim MacDonald <jim@macdonald.org>:

> Mike,
> I am willing to provide a USB Drive for a local mirror of Ubuntu
> Repositories. I don't have the internet connection to install the
> mirror thought. I would need help with that. I also have a smallish
> travel wifi router I use for travel when I work. I can bring that as
> well.
>
> I am also hoping to have Ubuntu CD's to give out (approx 25) but I am
> not sure they will arrive in time.
>
> Anything else I can do to help?
>
> Jim MacDonald
> jim@macdonald.org

This is a great start. If you want to produce more than 25 I have =20
some CD's that you can use. Also, I believe I have a CD stamper that =20
can help us put labels on the disks.

I think if you brought your USB drive by on a Friday night, you could =20
use the connection there to get started.

Anyone else have suggestions on how we could get the Ubuntu mirror =20
loaded on Jim's USB drive?

Mike B.