[aklug] Re: February Monthly Meeting

From: Greg Madden <pabi@gci.net>
Date: Tue Jan 29 2008 - 01:21:01 AKST

On Monday 28 January 2008, barsalou wrote:
> A couple of folks from the group asked me to put together a
> presentation for the February Monthly meeting.
>
> My choice of topic is VMware player. To tie into the presentation my
> daughter did, I'll demonstrate the XO laptop image.
>
> Additionally, we'll talk about some of the other virtualization
> technologies.
>
> If there is anything particular folks would like to know, just send me
> a note and I'll try to cover it.
>
> Mike B.

It has been a while since I looked at FOSS solutions for virtualization. I
have used Vmware for years as my Windows box so I haven't felt compelled
to move to a FOSS solution. Virtual box looks do-able.

I would like to know which virtual technologies support a gui, i.e.
Windows.

'I have a box running a Xen kernel + from Debian, they are no gui vm's.
In Debian an easy setup, I am not volunteering to demonstrate at the
moment :-)

--
Greg Madden