Re: help learning Debian

From: Royce Williams <royce@alaska.net>
Date: Thu Oct 04 2007 - 09:42:07 AKDT

bryanm@acsalaska.net wrote, on 10/4/2007 3:53 AM:
> admin perspective? Obviously, man pages are a good resource, but
> I need a resource that answers "What's the Debian way of doing
> _____?".

The Rosetta Stone for Unix is a good resource for the basics when
comparing various Unixlikes:

    http://bhami.com/rosetta.html

... but sadly, it's only really granular to the Linux level (it crams
all of the Linuxes into the same field in the table, which is
confusing.)

I wasn't able to find a Rosetta Stone for Linux. Maybe we should
start one!

Royce

--
Royce D. Williams                                - IP Engineering, ACS
http://www.tycho.org/royce/                   - PGP: 3FC087DB/1776A531