ClearWire 'no connect' procedures

From: Karen Ciocchi <kciocchi@excite.com>
Date: Sat Sep 22 2007 - 11:26:29 AKDT

Fielder--

As a ClearWire subscriber for nearly 2 years, early on I encountered the same 'no connect' issue. The following has always worked for me:

To reset Clearwire for no connection:
1. delete all browser's cookies & purge the cache
2. cold boot both the CPU and the modem

Tech Support (24/7 in UT, 888.253.2794) sez an errant cookie can cause this problem, but I did not get a detailed explanation of the exact issue.

If that doesn't work, do all the above plus:
3. disable OS' Firewall + disable Zone Alarm
4. disable anti-virus, spyware, etc.

Once my ClearWire successflly reconnects I enable everything I disabled, and life is good (until the next time).

Beause ClearWire reception is line-of-sight, my reception drops to 1-2 bars frequently whenever:
-- it's foggy
-- it rains too hard (like the last couple weeks)
-- the neighbor's tree between me and the tower leafs out each summer

I asked ClearWire to swap my standard 10' cable for a 30' so I could reposition the modem to a better window to consistently get the 5 bars' reception I'm paying for, but the supervisor's official answer was, "Tough."

Ah, ain't customer service a beautiful thing?