Tonight's AKLUG Laboratory Session

From: Fielder George Dowding <fgdowding@iceworm-enterprises.net>
Date: Fri Sep 21 2007 - 12:55:58 AKDT

Greetings all,

I have a meeting early this evening, so I doubt I can get there before
7:30 pm but more likely 8:00 pm. Doug says he may not get there either,
so I hope Jim can bring his Clearwire modem.

Just an aside regarding Clearwire: This morning my workstation couldn't
get connected. I began checking things and after about a hour, I took a
look at the Clearwire modem I have out in my wannigan. It was showing
only three bars. Typically it shows four bars and sometimes five. So I
reoriented the modem (and antenna) to get four bars, then I checked out
my workstation. Still nothing. Then I checked the router (another Debian
box that does a number of tasks including routing). It still was not
connecting so I renewed the dhcp lease and everything worked. Now it was
well after 10 am, and I had quite forgotten about the swamp I was
supposed to drain.

Change in weather? Change in Clearwire access points? Sigh!

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards       Debian/GNU Linux
Fielder George Dowding, Chief Iceworm        "etch" Testing