RE: Ubuntu mad about no floppy?

From: Leif Sawyer <lsawyer@gci.com>
Date: Mon Aug 27 2007 - 08:47:13 AKDT

Tsk, Tsk, royce...

more /usr/src/linux/Documentation/floppy.txt

<snip>
flopy=3D<drive>,<type>,cmos

      drive=3D0 (0,1 =3D a,b)
      type=3D16 (unknown or not installed)

supposedly, anyway, since reading the source

more /usr/src/linux/drivers/block/floppy.c

shows that there are 31 types, and that type 0 is 'none/null'

You do have the floppy disabled in BIOS, right?