Ubuntu mad about no floppy?

From: Royce Williams <royce@alaska.net>
Date: Mon Aug 27 2007 - 08:30:06 AKDT

I'm experiencing this oddity/bug during the kernel load when booting
from the Ubuntu 7.04 Workstation install CD on my Inspiron 3800:

    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/casper/+bug/97306

The error is:

    end_request: I/O error, device fd0, sector 0
    Buffer I/O error on device fd0, logical block 0

It does eventually time out, but I think that it's interfering with my
install, which is going phenomenally slowly.

Does anyone know how to tell the installer CD kernel to not probe for
the floppy, or have any other ideas about what I could try?

Royce

--
Royce D. Williams                                  IP Engineering, ACS
http://www.tycho.org/royce/                   - PGP: 3FC087DB/1776A531