Re: Ubuntu mad about no floppy?

From: Royce Williams <royce@alaska.net>
Date: Mon Aug 27 2007 - 21:42:01 AKDT

Leif Sawyer wrote, on 8/27/2007 8:47 AM:
> more /usr/src/linux/Documentation/floppy.txt

Yes, I've outed myself as a Linux n00b. See Englebart quote below. :)

> flopy=<drive>,<type>,cmos
> drive=0 (0,1 = a,b)
> type=16 (unknown or not installed)

> You do have the floppy disabled in BIOS, right?

No such option, in my case; it just says 'disabled' in the BIOS but
it's grayed out.

At any rate, I just tried:

floppy=0,16,cmos
floppy=0,16

... neither of which had any effect whatsoever.

Has anyone actually tried this and had it work, or have any other ideas?

Royce

--
Royce D. Williams                                  IP Engineering, ACS
http://www.tycho.org/royce/                   - PGP: 3FC087DB/1776A531