Re: PHP Interpreter?

From: Royce Williams <royce@alaska.net>
Date: Mon Aug 27 2007 - 08:23:08 AKDT

barsalou wrote, on 8/26/2007 8:49 PM:
> Quoting Computer Rescue <todd@akcomputerrescue.com>:
>
>> Does anyone know where I could get a PHP interpreter that I can install on a
>> Web Server hosted by another company? Does PHP Nuke have one in it? The
>> company I am using as a web hosting company is just giving me a hard time
>> about that.
>
> Maybe it's time to find a provider that has PHP already?

You can run a PHP binary as a CGI on systems without support. This
does have some security tradeoffs.

http://us.php.net/security.cgi-bin

I agree with Mike. As inexpensive as most hosting is these days, you
should shop for someone who will support PHP.

I've also found it enlightening to read the online support resources
and FAQs for providers before buying. I've been very happy with
pair.com, but it's a little pricey. Lots of people seem to like those
1 and 1 guys.

Royce

--
Royce D. Williams                                  IP Engineering, ACS
http://www.tycho.org/royce/                   - PGP: 3FC087DB/1776A531