Battery

From: Kurt Mathews <skidriprekah@gmail.com>
Date: Thu Jul 26 2007 - 14:38:08 AKDT

Hey all,
I'm helping a family member with their laptop. They are looking into buying
a solar power solution for extending the laptops usability.

http://www.karavans.com/powerdockelite.html

This is the one she mentioned. Now, I am no electrical engineer, so I cannot
really make any authoritative statements for how good this product is. I was
hoping someone might know of some kind of program that calculates power
consumption so that I can figure out how many hours a 9.2 AMP-Hour battery
would last for this laptop she has. And, is 9.2 Amp-hours the measurement
for battery life?

Also, I notice that the batter that comes with the laptop provides 14.8V.
The Powerdock only provides 12V. Will this have any impact?

*     Kurt Mathews
*     axkim@uaa.alaska.edu
*     k@uaa.alaska.edu