Re: Battery

From: Ben Everitt <ben.everitt@acsalaska.net>
Date: Thu Jul 26 2007 - 16:59:43 AKDT

What's the input voltage on the DC jack on the laptop? If it's 12v at
the correct polarity, supplying enough amps - it may work. Just because
the battery is 14.8, doesn't mean the laptop actually runs on that
voltage. Speaking from very limited experience with photo cells - I
doubt they will power the laptop. Be extremely careful running charging
power into that laptop without using the stock power pack. Newer laptop
power packs do more than supply power and you could easily fry your
laptop when a cloud drops the 12v DC to say 9v; photo cells are not
consistent supplies even in direct sunlight, using a meter, you'll prob
find that it will float around 12v by quite a margin - possibly beyond
the laptops tolerances.

-Ben