Re: Laptop

From: Piet van Weel <pmvw@outwardfocus.net>
Date: Tue Jul 17 2007 - 04:36:59 AKDT

Hey Kurt...

Your requirements are similar to mine; although, I generally try to keep
mine under $3k.. ;)

A big requirement for me is hardware warranty. My heavy laptop travels
with me, where-ever I go. This means that it breaks from time to time.
Keyboards, hard drives, LCD, etc... By spending the extra $400 I get
the comfort knowing that I can get my hardware replaced pretty much
anytime.

For instance... When I was living down in Oregon, I worked for FEMA. We
had a disaster up here, and I ended up coming up and staying for 5
weeks. Unfortunately, my power supply went out about the same time I
came up. I called DELL when I arrived, and a day later I had a power
supply waiting at the front desk for me.

Up to this point I haven't had any faults with DELL's replacement
policy, (With their technicians *definiately*) but seeing how I would
have easily bought a second laptop by now if I had to replace the
failed/broken stuff; I'm glad I bought it.

Piet