Re: IRC and other things

From: Shane Spencer <shane@bogomip.com>
Date: Tue Apr 24 2007 - 07:10:38 AKDT

Ideally since freenode uses chanserv you can "protect" a channel by
only allowing nickserv registered nicks to join. And if you want to
give "ops" priviliges to users they have to already be registered
nickserv users.

I don't think channel moderation will ever be needed, that is
typically a good solution with channels that have a few hundred users
or channels specifically set up to broadcast information from certain
individuals only.