Re: IRC and other things

From: Frashii Allegropaw <frashii@frashii.com>
Date: Tue Apr 24 2007 - 01:24:37 AKDT

I've forgotten, but doesn't freenode do IP obfuscation ? ie. your real
IP address is not in the user@host..If that is the case, innocent users
are protected.
If so, please remember to TURN OFF auto DCC's. As soon as you accept a
DCC CHAT, DCC SEND or do DCC GET the other person now has your real IP
address and teh paquet kittens can feed you their tasty ip morsels.

Another way is to run the channel moderated (+m) . When you join, you
get a +v (voice) which allows you to speak, and abusive fscktards have
that remvoed and then all you gotta deal with is the join/part spam
until you can kickban them.