Re: UAA List Serve

From: <jgribbin@alaska.net>
Date: Mon Dec 04 2006 - 22:20:38 AKST

I think we need to figure out why people get bumped off first.
I know the last time I was having a problem with getting bumped is that the my mail-server that was receiving my list mail was bouncing it back to the list-server as un-deliverable. When this happens, the list-server automatically drops your subscription.

When this was happening to me, Mike Tibor was good enough to send me a copy of the log where my server was bouncing the mail. I used that as ammo to talk to the outfit managing my mail host to resolve the issue.

As I am under the impression that this "automatic un-subscribe" is a pretty standard feature of list-servers, changing to another host is not going to resolve the problem

Jim Gribbin