Re: UAA List Serve

From: Greg Madden <pabi@gci.net>
Date: Mon Dec 04 2006 - 22:52:13 AKST

> I think we need to figure out why people get bumped off first.
AFAIk this involve the UAA admin. I would rather move our account to Dee's
or equal and have root access to manage our list serve so we avoid all
such issues.

> I know the last time I was having a problem with getting bumped is that
> the my mail-server that was receiving my list mail was bouncing it back
> to the list-server as un-deliverable. When this happens, the
> list-server automatically drops your subscription.
>
> When this was happening to me, Mike Tibor was good enough to send me a
> copy of the log where my server was bouncing the mail. I used that as
> ammo to talk to the outfit managing my mail host to resolve the issue.
>
> As I am under the impression that this "automatic un-subscribe" is a
> pretty standard feature of list-servers, changing to another host is
> not going to resolve the problem

This is not true in our case.If we host the list serve and give the
appropriate permissions to manage the the list plus direction, Aklug
gains control of the list, and can resolve issues that have afflicted
users, something that is only a wish at this time.

I move we move the list to Dee's server unless someone else volunteers a
list serve.

> Jim Gribbin

Greg Madden