Re: UAA List Serve

From: Mike Tibor <tibor@tibor.org>
Date: Wed Dec 06 2006 - 15:43:03 AKST

I'm a little late coming into this discussion, but I have yet to see a
member automatically unsubscribed for any reason other than mail server or
connectivity problems on the recipient's end. In the case of mail server
problems on the recipient's end, most often the member isn't even aware of
a problem, as was the case with Jim's problem that he mentions below.
Those problems will always be present regardless of where the list lives.

I have been the defacto list admin ever since we took it over from Jim and
Rox Bennett a number of years ago. I remember that at some point I gave
you admin rights to the list, Greg, and as I look at your list
subscription, I see that your old address, pabi@acsalaska.net was the one
with admin rights, not your current one, pabi@gci.net. Mike Barsalou is
also configured as a list admin. With Ecartis, admins get a report when
users are automatically unsubscribed which indicates the reason for the
unsub. Maybe what needs to happen here is to get a couple of interested
individuals into the role of list admin. Regardless, root access is
certainly not needed for any function of list administration. If for some
reason it is, then the contact would be Mike Robinson
<afmcr@uaa.alaska.edu>.

My personal opinion is that it's good where it's at, but then I realize
that I may have a clearer understanding than others of the issues
surrounding the auto unsubscribe mechanism in Ecartis.

Mike