RE: MythTV

From: Lance Hankins <lhankins@ktuu.com>
Date: Mon Sep 11 2006 - 15:35:13 AKDT

Quoting <jonr@destar.net>

> There has been a real push to get the broadcast flag passed in
legislation.
> It has failed once but they have been trying to sneak it into other bills.

A valid point for sure if you're interested in file sharing or copying onto
digital media. I don't worry about it since I rarely retain or move any TV
programs. It's hard enough to watch many of them once, let alone watch them
all over the house and I've not ever been interested in the whole "sharing"
concept. If you do go ahead and get an HD style card now try to only get one
with at least a 4th gen receiver and 5th is MUCH better. 1st-3rd gen are
almost worthless unless you can throw a rock and hit the tower.

My money's still on waiting...

Lance Hankins
KTUU-TV