RE: MythTV

From: <jonr@destar.net>
Date: Mon Sep 11 2006 - 15:44:53 AKDT

Quoting Lance Hankins <lhankins@ktuu.com>:

> Quoting <jonr@destar.net>
>
> > There has been a real push to get the broadcast flag passed in
> legislation.
> > It has failed once but they have been trying to sneak it into other bills.
>
> A valid point for sure if you're interested in file sharing or copying onto
> digital media.

File sharing and copying onto digital media are not why I would want a card
before they get this passed. What the flag does is not allow me to record my
show in HD, so while I can watch it live on TV in HD, running the signal
through my card or recording it will scale down the resolution to non-HD.

Jon