RE: MythTV

From: <jonr@destar.net>
Date: Mon Sep 11 2006 - 15:12:10 AKDT

Quoting Lance Hankins <lhankins@ktuu.com>:

> So in your case I wouldn't worry about a card that'll capture HD yet. By the
> time we actually get you something to watch, there'll be much better ones on
> the market. We're up to 5th generation receivers now and they're getting
> pretty good.

While I agree with this, I think it might be a good idea to get yourself a HDTV
capable card now rather than later. There has been a real push to get the
broadcast flag passed in legislation. It has failed once but they have been
trying to sneak it into other bills. Do a search on bradcast flag on the mythtv
list to get an idea of what I am talking about.

Jon