RE: Software Freedom Day - why did ALASKA get left out?

From: Arthur Corliss <acorliss@nevaeh-linux.org>
Date: Mon Sep 11 2006 - 09:57:14 AKDT

On Mon, 11 Sep 2006, Leif Sawyer wrote:

> Hey, I'm on there, and I've got the second-oldest entry in
> Anchorage (62370) right behind Arthur (54650)..
>
> But, truth to tell, I waited quite a while to register, and there
> was no counter.li back in 1992, when I started toying around
> with Linux. Heck, there really wasn't a distro, either.

;-) We should get t-shirts with "I survived the ELF conversion" or some such
nonsense. Of course, I'm not a greybeard like you, I only came to Linux in
'95.

In any event, since everyone is bringing up the counter again: we only have
125 users registered for *all* of Alaska. Obviously this is far lower than
what we actually have.

Obviously, this is entirely optional, but if you're proud of your status as
a Linux user, and you don't mind being counted as part of that demographic
then sign up! You have the option of not being publically listed if you're
concerned about privacy issues.

         --Arthur Corliss