Ubuntu printing problem

From: Damien Hull <dhull@digitaloverload.net>
Date: Thu Aug 10 2006 - 12:24:30 AKDT

I don't know for sure but I think printing in Ubuntu is broken. I can't
print anything. Even if I cat a file to /dev/lp0 I don't get anything. I
sent an email to the Ubuntu list. If I get something back I'll post it.

Oh, I should mention that I was printing a few days ago. I think the
last update broke something. This could be an Ubuntu thing but this
could also be a Linux thing. I've had trouble printing in CentOS. I
think printing in Linux needs to be fixed. It sucks!