Re: Ubuntu printing problem

From: Greg Madden <pabi@gci.net>
Date: Thu Aug 10 2006 - 13:57:52 AKDT

On Thursday 10 August 2006 12:24, Damien Hull wrote:
> I don't know for sure but I think printing in Ubuntu is broken. I can't
> print anything. Even if I cat a file to /dev/lp0 I don't get anything.
> I sent an email to the Ubuntu list. If I get something back I'll post
> it.
There has been a new point release of Dapper, cupsys is one of the fixes,
but it should also be available as an online update. Don't use Ubunt, so
I can't say if it is broken or not. With the way /dev gets populated
with the new udev system, missing devices are a possibility.

http://www.linuxcompatible.org/story70761.html

--
Greg Madden