Re: Broke my mail server

From: Joshua J. Kugler <joshua@eeinternet.com>
Date: Wed Jul 05 2006 - 10:24:39 AKDT

On Tuesday 04 July 2006 18:12, Damien Hull wrote:
> Joshua J. Kugler wrote:
> I think I have it working now. I followed the instructions at the
> following address.
> http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/articles/focus_spam_dspam?page=0%2C0

Cool. Glad to see you got it up and running.

> They use procmail or maildrop. I went with procmail. The instructions
> don't tell you that procmail will send mail to /var/spool/mail/"mbox". I
> would see mail make it to dspam and vanish. I had to create a procmailrc
> file that puts mail in the Maildir directory.

Can't help you there. I did the reinjection back into postfix, so postfix
handles the delivery.

> What I'm not seeing is any Dspam stuff in the header. Shouldn't there be
> some stuff in the header? Maybe I need to get some spam before that
> happens.

Hmm...yes, you should see dpsam headers. Did you configure it to be "opt in"
and have not opted in any users?

> I'm moving on to the web interface part of the article. If something
> goes wrong I'll let you know.

The web interface was actually pretty easy. Shouldn't have to much trouble
with that.

Joshua Kugler
Lead System Admin -- Senior Programmer
http://www.eeinternet.com
PGP Key: http://pgp.mit.edu/  ID 0xDB26D7CE
PO Box 80086 -- Fairbanks, AK 99708 -- Ph: 907-456-5581 Fax: 907-456-3111