Life after Gentoo?

From: Justin Dieters <enderak@mtaonline.net>
Date: Mon Aug 22 2005 - 08:16:09 AKDT

I have been using Gentoo for almost 2 years. It worked great for about
a year, however, I am becoming increasingly frustrated with fighting
with Portage to update packages. They are increasingly broken and I am
either unable to update at all, or the packages cause more problems than
before I updated.

So my question is, what would you recommend for a replacement distro to
Gentoo. I value easy updates and while I don't need to be on the
bleeding-edge, I do like to have somewhat current software. I am
thinking of going back to RedHat, by way of FC4, but am wondering if
there's something New and Improved that I'm not aware of.

Thanks,
Justin