RE: Life after Gentoo?

From: Leif Sawyer <lsawyer@gci.com>
Date: Mon Aug 22 2005 - 14:02:00 AKDT

Justin Dieters wrote:
> I have been using Gentoo for almost 2 years. It worked great=20
> for about a year, however, I am becoming increasingly=20
> frustrated with fighting with Portage to update packages. =20
> They are increasingly broken and I am either unable to update=20
> at all, or the packages cause more problems than before I updated.

I've been a sparc gentoo user for a few years (suse sparc previously)
and haven't had many issues at all.

Recently I came across the revdep-rebuild command.

This will help fix up any package dependancies that have occurred as
a result of upgraded libraries.

it's actually helped me clean up my system, and except for the odd
package, sparc isn't any more difficult than x86, which has been
pretty boring in its complexity.

what gentoo release are you running? =20